Suffolk Libraries is holding its first ever online children’s book festival later this month.
The free festival will including online chats with a range of authors who have all written children’s books including Danny Wallace, Elly Griffiths and Suffolk Libraries very own stock librarian and published author Sophie Green.
The children’s book festival aims to carry on Suffolk Libraries’ success in hosting online author activities over the past year and offer something that hundreds of children and parents across the county can enjoy together over the summer holidays.
The events are all free but for those that can a voluntary donation to support the work of Suffolk Libraries when you sign up would be appreciated. When signing up there is also the opportunity to submit questions for the authors.
Lisa Brennan, Suffolk Libraries Content and Reader Development Librarian, has organised the festival. She said:
“I’m delighted such a fantastic calibre of children’s authors will be taking part in our online children’s festival. I’m excited to have the opportunity to chat to each of them about their great books which they will also be doing a reading from. As Suffolk libraries are committed to making our events accessible to everyone all our online author events are amazingly free, but donations are very welcome as they will help Suffolk Libraries to make a difference in the local community.”
For full details and to book your ticket, visit the Suffolk Libraries website.
The full programme is as follows:
- Monday 23 August at 3pm – Sunday times bestselling author and presenter Danny Wallace will be talking about his latest book ‘The Day the Screens Went Blank’.
- Tuesday 24 August at 3pm – children’s writer and former Suffolk librarian Annaliese Avery will be talking about her debut novel ‘The Nightsilver Promise’.
- Wednesday 25 August at 3pm – Dominque Valente, author of the bestselling children’s series Starfell will be talking about her latest novel Willow Moss and the Vanished Kingdom.
- Thursday 26 August at 3pm – Suffolk based author Lisa Thompson will be talking about her latest book ‘The Graveyard Riddle’.
- Friday 27 August at 3pm – Children’s author and Suffolk Librarian Sophie Green will be talking about her Potkin and Stubbs trilogy.
- Saturday 28 August at 3pm – Bestselling author Elly Griffiths will be talking about her latest children’s title in the A Girl Called Justice series, ‘A Ghost in the Garden.’