Suffolk Today » Babergh & Mid Suffolk » Great Cornard » Three seriously injured after portable heater explodes
Babergh & Mid Suffolk Fire Great Cornard Police

Three seriously injured after portable heater explodes

The incident happened at the King’s Head in Great Cornard – Photo: ITV Anglia

Three people remain in hospital after suffering serious injuries following an explosion at a pub in Great Cornard last night.

Emergency services, including police, fire and ambulance service, were called shortly before 10pm yesterday, Saturday 24th April, following reports of an explosion in the outside area at the Kings Head pub in Bures Road.

It is believed the fire was caused by a small portable fuel heater.

Three people, two females and one male, were taken to hospital where they remain after sustaining serious injuries.

None of the injuries are believed to be life-threatening but are potentially life-changing.

A scene remains in place while officers continue to investigate the circumstances. However, it is due to be released later this afternoon.

A cordon was in place throughout Sunday – Photo: ITV Anglia

The pub posted to social media saying it would be shut for the day and was working closely with police.

The King’s Head tweeted: “We’re closed today following an incident last night.

“We’re working closely with the police and authorities.

“Our thoughts and prayers are will those injured.”

Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting incident number 37/20827/21.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment